Total Pageviews

Friday, April 12, 2019

Birthday Parties and Spring!


I wrote a huge long blog post last weekend and my computer ate it. Somehow it didn't save it and when I went to post it, the words were all gone. Last weekend was so crazy and I was so tired, I really just didn't have the energy to type it all out again. I just closed my computer and laid down, ha! 
Last weekend we had a little family birthday party for Luke to celebrate him turning 6 next week! I know it was early, but we're traveling next week for spring break and this was the best date for everyone to get together. We all had such a great time and the day was beautiful. All of Dillon's immediate family drove to Asheville and I had my mom and dad and great-uncle in town to celebrate. It was so nice to have all of our family in one spot at one time. Luke had a blast and even got to ride in a convertible for the first time! 
This week has flown by, too and I can't believe that next week is spring break. Luke is out of school for the entire week and then Charlie's out on Friday and Monday. We are taking a little vacation up to Williamsburg to see Cory & Lindsay and take in all the sites! We are all super excited to get away for a few days and do some fun stuff together as a family. It seems like since Christmas we've all been focused hard core on work and school and it hasn't been much fun so a break is much needed! We're hitting up Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg and the Living Museum (which has a dinosaur walk and Luke is STOKED about). I know we'll come back exhausted, but I'm looking forward to it! 
Luke was also given an award this week for being "On Task" in his classes and a leader to his group! I've got it on video below and it was such a sweet little thing to see. He really has grown up a lot in this past year and I'm finding it hard to believe that he'll be 6. Time just seems to pass by so quickly now. 











Our whole crew there to see little Luke play!





















The Dinosaur Aftermath!



Dillon and I also celebrated our first date 16 years ago by eating dinner at Wendy's! Our annual tradition. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment