Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Easter Egg Hunts!

Spring break is here! Spring break is here! Unfortunately, Dillon and I both have to work on Monday and Tuesday, but still. There's something that refreshes the soul when you don't have to plan out lunches or pack up backpacks or do homework every evening (yes, there is homework, even in Kindergarten.) We're gearing up for our trip to Williamsburg this week though and have most of our clothes packed, just doing laundry to get ready for this trip has been daunting. I've bought snacks (which have already been eaten, of course) and I've got extra diapers arriving tomorrow as well as some spray that's supposed to keep Ruby calm in the car. I think we're pretty ready to go!

This weekend has been pretty good. Yesterday, my Uncle Bob headed back to California. I'm always so sad when he leaves. It doesn't seem like that much has changed from when I was a little girl because I'd be in a funk for days after he left. He's fun to be around and has good conversation. I'm looking forward to seeing him back in a few weeks/months and maybe even a trip to Colorado for us all together. After we said our goodbyes to him, we went and did Luke's soccer game. We were able to dodge the rain drops and it wasn't too bad. I was afraid it was going to dump on us, but we made it through.

Yesterday afternoon we colored Easter eggs and that was fun. We promptly broke about half of them, though, so that was fun too. Then today we had our Easter Egg hunt at church. It always seems to rain on our hunt days, so we were in the gym again this year. We enjoyed a hot dog lunch and the kids even got some goodie bags! Luke exclaimed that was the best day at church he had ever had! HA! He'll say that until VBS rolls around.

So, all in all, a good weekend. We're ready for a few days off having fun together. I just hope we can tolerate all of us together in a car for 6.5 hours! Ha! Wish us luck!
























 Last Sunday I had no energy and we all had Frosty's for dinner. Mom of the year, here.


















2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the road trip!! and have a great time in Williamsburg. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tammy! I hope you all have a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete