Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Thanksgiving, Christmas Tree, Birthday Party, Basketball, Tiredness.



Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from Thanksgiving. Dillon spent the whole day sick, followed by my mom, followed by me. I'm still on antibiotics for a sinus infection. It was still a nice Thanksgiving here in NC though. My mom made some of the sides and I cooked the turkey. I tried a new recipe where you deconstruct the turkey and cook the breast in the oven and then the dark meat on the stove. I think it was pretty good even if I made way too much food.

The following Friday we did head over to the small Wal-Mart to do some Black Friday shopping, although by this point my mom wasn't feeling great either. So we cut the shopping short and came home for leftovers.

Saturday, we headed over to the Farmer's Market to pick out our tree. We brought it home and got it decorated up real nice. It's probably one of the biggest trees we've had, but it's really pretty. Then on Sunday we had Charlie's third birthday party. Her actual birthday isn't until next week, but in year's past we've had problems with weather and planning around other holiday parties. I thought if we did it earlier, it might help us out. We had it at the clubhouse in my mom and dad's neighborhood and it was really nice. We had some friends come as well as lots of family. It was still a small event, but still nice.

This week has been a little crazy, I guess with everything building up to the holidays. Plus we all were still recuperating from whatever virus we had last week. Our calendar is filling up for the rest of the month... Luke has basketball every Friday & Saturday and Charlie has dance on Mondays. We have a few Christmas parties to go to and I'm busy planning on what to do for work for the holidays. Plus, Charlie's actual birthday is next Sunday and Dillon and I were talking that we should at least eat cake for her birthday and do something on the actual day.

I've almost finished all my shopping and have a few gifts left to wrap (Which I might do this evening). Tuesday, I decided to take off work so I can go finalize the rest of my shopping. I mainly have to pick up stocking stuffers and maybe a few little things. I wasn't planning on taking off, but geez louise. When am I ever going to get all this done?!

Oh and today we went to Luke's first basketball game which was super fun! I love watching basketball anyways and seeing these little boys learning the skills is so interesting. And everyone was a really good sport, too, so that's great! We'll plan on being there most Saturdays here on out. :) We came home and made some sugar and gingerbread cookies which took up most of the afternoon.

Tomorrow is Santa Day! Unfortunately, he won't be at the Grove Arcade this year which has been our favorite spot, so I think that we'll go over to the Outlet Malls.  Either way, we'll get our wish list to the jolly old man.

There is so much to do. I feel like December is the longest month ever and every day is just jam packed with things to do. Dillon and I have decided to take off the WHOLE week of Christmas so I'm really looking forward to that. We haven't had a whole week off in a really long time so I think it's going to be nice. But, Christmas will come and go like it always does. I can't believe it's this time of year again already.

These were my first attempt at homemade dinner rolls. My 2nd attempt came out MUCH better.






Charlie and I had a tea party!










Dillon said this captured our life perfectly. Charlie broke about 6 ornaments because she kept pulling them out so rough! Thank goodness for super glue.





































If all this wasn't enough, we're hard core potty training. This was for pooping on the potty! 




Her hair is halfway down her back when wet. You'd never know that when it's dry!



















Cookies & Junk.


 More attempts at pooping. HA! 



Luke's photography!





No comments:

Post a Comment