Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 18, 2014

13 Months...(Or 1 year and 1 month)?

I'm not sure how you categorize a baby (or toddler, now I guess) with their age past 1 year. It sounds weird saying 13 months. And anyways, I'm not going to continue with the monthly photos with Luke's stats. I pretty much can't get him to sit still for 5 minutes now, but I do like keeping up with what he's done each month. Kind of like a baby book, but I can just type it out. 

Luke's had an eventful 13th month. He's certainly "talking" more now and actually saying words. He's starting to say "more" and "dogs" and when he doesn't use his real words, he has plenty to say in gibberish. He's taken a few steps on his own, but isn't truly walking just yet. In the next month or so though, I think he'll be walking everywhere.  He's completely weaned from his bottles now and once we finally got through the separation of formula and bottles, he now LOVES milk. Every few days I'll give him some apple juice which he likes, but not as much as milk. His favorite food right now is Chinese lo mein noodles. He scoops up a handful and sucks the noodles down. We feed him pretty much everything that we're eating now, just cut up into tiny pieces. He likes to bite down on chips and pretzels with his 4 front teeth that are finally in and he gets so angry if we eat something and he doesn't get a bite. He's still in 18 month clothing and hopefully will remain so throughout the summer. 

He has started having temper tantrums on the reg. If he has something taken away, if you scold him or if you just try and keep him from doing something dangerous, he will stiffen up and throw himself on the ground. We had a full on tantrum Friday evening for about 30 minutes. Kicking and screaming, I left him to his own devices and he finally quieted down and crept back over to me, sheepishly, as if to say "Sorry, mom. I'm all better now!" 

Luke's also becoming quite dexterous. Like I said, he's on the verge of walking, but he's starting to climb over things. Today, my mom and dad came down to pick up the dogs and Luke was once again having a tantrum because he was over-tired. I went and laid him down in his crib and usually within a couple of minutes he's off to sleep. Not today, though. We heard a thud and my mom went upstairs to check on him. By the time she got up the stairs, he had crawled to the door and was trying to come downstairs. Thank goodness that door was closed, because he had flung himself over the crib in an attempt to escape. I do believe we'll have our hands full in the coming years. 

Our move is coming along. This time next week we should be spending our first night in the new house. We have a week in between closing and having to be out of our current house, but we have a truck next weekend to move the big stuff so we'll have to sleep where the bed is. We've spent the weekend spackling and packing. After we get everything moved out next weekend I'll spend some time cleaning up this house for the next owner. This is all a little nerve-wracking and I'm so ready to be settled. It's annoying to have everything packed into boxes. I don't have many pictures from this week, we're honestly just in survive mode until the move takes place. Hopefully, next week I'll be able to share some photos of the view off our new deck and maybe some pictures of rooms that don't look too messy. 

Here are some videos of Luke since I'm lacking on photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment