Total Pageviews

Monday, May 26, 2014

New Home = Lots of Work!

We've finally gotten everything out of our old home and into our new home. And by "into our new home", I mean stacked up in the basement waiting to be unpacked. We closed on both homes Friday which was a little bit stressful. Everything went smooth (other than Luke's daycare being closed because of illness. He got to tag along to both closings and everyone was super kind about it). We started moving on Saturday and by yesterday evening we had moved everything out of the house. We still have to pick up our canoe, but we'll probably run by tomorrow or Wednesday and get it. 

It really is amazing how much stuff you can fit in a tiny home. AND we've taken several loads to Goodwill. Dillon's mom came and helped take care of Luke while we were packing up the truck and many thanks to our friends who helped us, too! This evening, my legs hurt down to my ankles and I can barely hold my eyes open.

I will say though, it feels so nice to be in this house, even though it's not where we want it to be quite yet. I thought that I would feel a little more sad about leaving our first home, but I'm just happy to have it all behind me right now. 

I don't have much to say this evening, other than I'm glad to be here. 

These were left over pictures from Mother's Day. We haven't really had the camera out since then.


Moving day! Yeah! 

What our "guest room" was turned into at the end of our tenure. 

Strong man!

Grammy came down and entertained Luke while we loaded the van. He's been battling a cold since Friday so we may be taking a trip to the pediatrician in the morning.

Stair climbing

The future Mrs. Feaver was kind enough to come and help!

Two strong men

This morning after we tidied up some

Our first home


Our new screened in porch

Our new kitchen... I'll be replacing the window treatments



Our living room

Our bedroom with new furniture that came today! In a few weeks, the walls will be painted a charcoal gray

Luke's new room! 

The decorations were actually right on with what we had in his other nursery

Our guest room

The view off our front porch

The front deck

Our driveway


Back deck

The woods out our back door. Beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new home! Need to come for a visit and do some sight-seeing!

    ReplyDelete