Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Chaos is a friend of mine. True story

Work. House buying. Baby Luke. All of these things combined make stressful situations sometimes! 

This week has been just a little insane. We've been trying to pack up the house and get some old junk off to Goodwill. We've succeeded a little bit, but still have so much. How do we accumulate so much in such a small space?! I've realized a lot of this does not need to go with us to the new house. We've already taken a few loads off to donate and I've contacted Habitat Humanity to come pick up some furniture that we'll be replacing. Our bedroom suit that we have now was my parents when they first got married. This stuff is over 40 years old! The drawers don't close on it, and it's basically falling apart. Maybe the folks at habitat can give it a little TLC and fix it up to sell. We went yesterday evening and picked out a new bedroom suit, with a king sized bed! Now we can have Luke and both the dogs sleep in that bed and everyone will have their own little section (just kidding, we're really working with Luke on sleeping on his own).

Anyways, the week started out and I worked all week planning on our patient appreciation picnic for Saturday. On top of that we had work dinners in the evening and Dillon was slammed at work too. We had to stick with a strict schedule this week to make sure everyone was where they needed to be and we had baby coverage. As things usually go, Luke got sick on Friday, the busiest day before the picnic. It wasn't anything serious, just a rash, but thankfully my co-hort in planning, Heather, didn't mind Luke joining us in running errands. I took him to the pediatrician Friday afternoon, and waited over an hour to be seen. We found out that the rash wasn't hand, foot, mouth, but was in fact an ear infection with a secondary rash. Break out the amoxicyllin. Luke had no symptoms of an ear infection, so I felt terrible for not bringing him in sooner.

Thinking that he did have hand, foot, mouth, my mom and dad rushed down to help as I had to work all day Saturday and needed Dillon's strength to help set up tables and games. Since Luke wasn't sick with the virus, everyone got to attend the picnic on Saturday. We had a great weekend, even though it was busy. I'd like to think that things are going to slow down, but work is still crazy this week and we only have two weeks until closing. I think after we're moved in, I may just sleep one whole weekend. I'll need it after this month. 

Mommy's night on baby duty and I let him pull the shampoo bottle on his face. See the small cut under his eye? Boo on me.


At the picnic, having fun and eating popcorn!

Grandpa carrying Luke around...



Buddies from the start

Wallering on me. He's getting so big I'm having trouble carrying him around.


What he thinks of picture taking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment