Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Happy Mother's Day to all the ladies out there! 

We've had a great weekend here on our end with nice weather (at least today) and getting to hang out with some friends we haven't seen in awhile. 

This week was still a little crazy for us. Luke finally got the hand, foot, mouth disease and while it wasn't as bad as it could have been, we still needed to keep him out of daycare for a day and a half since it's contagious. My mom was kind enough to drive back down here Thursday evening to watch Luke on Friday since I had to work and so did Dillon. We both had off the whole weekend though, so that was nice. Yesterday we spent the morning packing and getting things ready for our move. I know it sounds silly, since I'm so very excited to move to our new house, but I'm a little sad about leaving. Mainly because of the memories that are attached to this home and the fact that Luke won't remember any of the happy memories we've had here. Other than that, I'm not too sad about leaving. I'm just glad that in a few short weeks this will all be done. Moving is stressful and I don't want to go through this again any time soon. 

Yesterday we got to celebrate our friends, Rob & Amber, and their upcoming wedding! It was so good getting to catch up with friends and we even got to grab a beer at Highlands Brewery. 

Today was a great Mother's Day complete with a trip to Marco's after church. Dillon gave me my gifts last night and he obviously knows me well... I got Oreos, a bottle of wine, and yoga pants! Seriously, the best gifts ever. I may just have a glass of wine along with some Oreos this evening while watching Mad Men! 

I'm so thankful for all the women in our lives who have motherly roles and I'm also thankful for my sweet baby boy who allowed me the privilege of being a mama. Even on his grumpiest days he makes me so very happy. 

Less than 2 weeks until we're in our new home! Yeehaw! 

Luke's been having a lot of fun playing outside with the warmer weather

I got this picture Friday night while I was working at Relay for Life. I laughed so hard and texted Dillon to make sure Luke wasn't fussing, he was actually laughing in this photo. 

Dillon said "see he's happy"

And then the last photo before I got home...

Mother's Day last year! We celebrated at Marco's both days...

And Mother's Day this year. Boy, how things change quickly!


No comments:

Post a Comment