Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 18, 2015

7 Years & Pumpkin Pickin'

Whew, that weekend went by quickly. Today Dillon and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary. I think this may be the first year that we haven't gone to Lake Lure. We've had a lot going on so a trip down the mountain wasn't really worth the time to drive down. Maybe next Sunday?

Dillon's mom and fiance, Russ, came down yesterday afternoon and we got to spend some good time with them. We went to lunch, got to see great pictures from their recent trip to Paris and then they offered us an awesome gift of a date night! Dillon and I got to eat at a restaurant called Barleycorn where the food was fantastic. We talked about going downtown or to a movie, but when it came down to it, we just went to Target and meandered the aisles looking at what we wanted to at a leisurely pace. It. Was. Awesome. We did talk about Luke a lot and I ended up buying him a bunch of stuff at Target (new pajamas!), but it was nice to get away for a little bit and celebrate our anniversary. It's been a good 7 years and I think I've got a pretty good partner in that fella. :)

Today, we did our annual tradition with the Wyatt family and went to Linda's Plants in Hendersonville. I know most folks in the area tend to head over to Grandad's Apple Farm, right up the road from Linda's, but we always prefer going here. Not many people are there, you can pick your pumpkin from the actual pumpkin patch, and we always get to take a hayride. We always have a lot of fun. This became an annual tradition for us Luke's first fall and we continue to go there every year (if you'd like to reminisce about Luke and Dara from their younger years, click here and here to see my old blog posts... makes me a little sad...)


We do have some awesome pumpkins to carve out this week (and some good pumpkin seeds to toast, yummy!) I do love a good fall weekend and this weekend is proof of why they are so great!


We had a friend in our yard this week!






Our girl got a good check up at the vet last week. He said she's probably still got another 3+ good years left in her, which puts her around 16. Keeping my fingers crossed we get her for longer. 


About as close as I'll get to selfies.












This little pup is in our pictures from 2 years ago...



Dillon measures at 6 feet this year :)

And I'm still short. 



Luke's at 3 feet!


Sweet ladies



Picked my pumpkin!

Obligatory shot in the wheelbarrow!




















Josh chases the kiddoes






And the end to the day... they had so much fun that they sat down and cried when we had to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment