Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Pumpkin Patch Day!

Today was pumpkin patch day! This is one of my favorite days of the year, right up there with vacations, and Christmas Day. We always take a day with our friends the Wyatts and head out towards a little plant place where they have orchards and a pumpkin patch. It's a little ways past the most popular fall locale, "Granddad's", and while our place doesn't have as much going on, there's hardly anyone ever there and we get to play in an actual patch and pick our own pumpkins.

We met up with the Wyatts early this morning and trekked down to the pumpkin area and spent some time picking the perfect ones and even playing in the dirt. We also got to see some cool puppies and different types of pumpkins for sale. Afterwards, we headed to Lake Lure to have some lunch and go to the craft fair. We always like to go at this time of the year, because this weekend, 8 years ago is when Dillon and I got married at Lake Lure. The weather today was beautiful and the drive was good too. While 8 years ago, the leaves were still green and lush, this year, they had started to change drastically. The mountains were alive with color.

I am paying for all of our busy-ness this weekend. My feet are swollen and my back feels like it may break in half. I did have a doctor's appointment this week and it looks like if all goes well, baby Charlotte will be here on December 20th, a week before my due date. I'm glad to hear this and to have a definite date instead of the unknown. I'm also glad to know that we'll be home with Luke on Christmas morning as I was really worried about that. I'm excited to spend Christmas with our family complete. Almost 2 months and counting... :)

Not sure why all of the pictures are out of order, but you'll get the gist.

Everyone was procrastinating leaving... even Dillon

A little church at Gerton... Dillon and I thought about getting married here but decided to just do everything at Lake Lure. 




The end result...

The start of our day...

Me trying to get Luke to laugh




On our way to the patch!




Almost 30 weeks! 9 weeks to go!

















No comments:

Post a Comment