Total Pageviews

Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas - 2017

Merry Christmas, everyone! We've had a good day, much better than 2016 with a newborn baby and raucous 3 year old. Even though we were super busy, the day has been a good one with lots of good food, lots of presents and good family time.

Dillon and I have been off work since last Thursday and don't have to go back until Wednesday. It seems like a long time, but now I can't believe tomorrow is our last day off. It's been nice to not feel exhausted because of work (I mean we've been exhausted, but it's because of other things. HA!)

Thursday we took Charlie for her 12 month check up. She's doing well and weighs in at 19 pounds. She had to get 3 shots and it made it a sad day. While she took her flu shot like a champ, the nurse said that some of the ones she received were pretty painful, so there were some tears. Friday was Star Wars day and we took Luke to see the movie. It was a good one, although a little bit long. Towards the end, Luke was getting out of his chair a lot. Ha! We went to a theater where they had recliner seats and little tables for your drinks. You can tell we NEVER go to the movies because we were really impressed.

Saturday we did a little bit of cooking and hung around the house mainly and then on Christmas Eve we went to church, did Christmas with my mom and dad and then went to the Feavers' house! My mom and dad had a huge spread of food and we had to open presents immediately. Luke had a very Star Wars Christmas because I think most of his toys were related to that. My mom and dad got us all new bedding (which is amazing, it's like sleeping on clouds), and a socket set for Dillon to fix his truck. The kids got a ton of clothes, too, so I'll be busy doing laundry tomorrow.

We went to the Feavers' house to decorate cookies and build a bonfire. We almost backed out because our kids were wild yesterday. Charlie wouldn't nap and Luke was bouncing off the walls.  Rob finally convinced us to just bring the crazy to their house and I'm glad we did. It gave Luke an outlet to expel some energy and we got to see our buddies. We had a good time decorating cookies and building a fire. We got to burn their tree from last year and have decided to make it an annual event where we all bring our old trees to burn.

This morning we woke up and Luke ran out to see if Santa had come. He did not disappoint. There were Star Wars toys and a huge crane. Charlie got a tricycle and a toy cell phone (Luke's request for her). We ransacked our gifts and our living room still looks like a Toys R Us exploded. My mom and dad came for lunch where we dined on ham, hashbrown casserole, salad and green beans. We spent most of the morning together and it was really nice. I am exhausted this evening though. My feet hurt and I'm ready to go to bed. Poor Dillon tried to pick up while I cooked so I'm guessing the house isn't in too bad of shape, but we have our work cut out for us tomorrow. I'm taking the tree down, mainly because I'm tired of trying to keep Charlie out of it! The poor thing looks terrible, the ornaments are all towards the top and the branches are falling off. It's done.

It's a little sad to see the Christmas season go. We've all enjoyed it this year, but I told Dillon not to worry... I'll start all over again in 6 months gearing up for the big day. Until then, I (and our bank account) can relax a little.

They got Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve!


Me trying to clean before church. It was futile. 

Christmas at mom and dad's!



Luke's X-Wing Fighter! 




Peepaw opened his gift!


At the Feavers'... Decorating cookies! 


Trying to not have a double chin.








Setting fire to the tree.






Santa's cookies!

He was so excited, I was afraid he'd never go to bed, but he was sacked out by 8:45.




Dillon's gift... a record player!

Charlie's gift from Santa!

My ham... 

Luke's crane! 




No comments:

Post a Comment