Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Santa Claus Day!

Today was Santa Claus day! Every year we head over to the Grove Arcade in downtown Asheville to see the big man from up north and let him know our wish lists (there was one year where we petered out and just saw Santa while we were at Bass Pro, ha!) 

This morning our little family got to light the first candle of Advent at church and do a short reading. The baby ripped my paper as soon as we started walking up the aisle, so I panicked a little. The service was so beautiful and the sanctuary is fixed up so pretty. It was a lovely service. Luke was super well behaved for church but Charlie was ALL OVER. She's at the age now where she's walking and into everything. She doesn't sit still and wants to go everywhere. Honestly, this is my least favorite age. You're just basically trying to make sure that they don't kill themselves and they have NO communication skills. She's just lucky that she's super cute and I love her madly. HA! 

After church we had some lunch and loaded up to go see Santa! Parking was horrendous in downtown. It's so stressful to go down there now and I don't know if I'm just old or if downtown is just overrun now. Anyways. We found parking with some of Dillon's "beach driving" skills (meaning you ignore some rules to get a parking spot or get where you're going). Luke was so excited we went directly to see Santa. He was so good and took the letter that he wrote and even signed his own name. Luke was a pro and hugged Santa and smiled for all his pictures. Baby Charlie was not however. She did not like him, at all. Dillon placed her in his arms and that was it, immediate tears. I guess it makes for funny pictures and memories later on. 

Next weekend is Charlie's little "party". I'm not really having an actual party, just cake and ice cream and then her birthday is the following Friday. I'm having a really hard time with the fact that she's a year old. My last baby will be a baby no more. I read an article one time where a mom wrote that it wasn't so much that she wanted more babies, she just wanted to go back and relish even more the time with the kids she has now. To relive those moments again, when they first lay them on your chest, when you take them home for the first time, those tiny baby cuddles. It's just sad that all these times are fleeting. 

I'm also working on my photography skills. Dillon thinks I should edit alllll my pictures for the blog now, but I think that may be a little time consuming. And some of them have to be snapshots, right? Anyways, we had a good time this weekend even if I am a little tired from all our doings. I'll be glad to get to work tomorrow, ha! 










Luke's letter to Santa!





It went downhill after that. Probably the funniest Santa picture I've seen.

Family Shot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment