Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 20, 2013

3 Months!

Wow. Has it really already been three months? It all seems to be going by quickly. Luke is now wearing 3-6 month clothes. I packed up the too small clothes today and pulled out the ones that I think will fit. All the ladies at daycare tell me how strong they think he is with his neck control and being able to pull himself up to standing. He's starting to be more alert and notice things. He enjoyed watching "Wipeout" this afternoon with all those people falling into the water. It even made him laugh! Luke's starting to notice the dogs, he reaches out to them and tries to talk to them even though they are still ignoring him. I feel that will come to an end soon when he starts grabbing for puppy dog tails. He likes everyone at daycare. Every day I go in to pick him up, they are holding and cuddling him and he's always smiling and talking to them so it makes me glad that he's not upset being away from us or from home. 

Our family survived my first week back. When I took Luke to daycare on Tuesday, I called Dillon and he said he's never felt so sad knowing that someone else was watching Luke that day. I did fine every day until Friday and it was all I could do to not just turn around and go pick him back up. The weekend's making it even harder and I can hardly stand to think about going back in Monday. For some reason, I never thought about how hard and demanding it would be going back on our schedule. The house gets dirty and there's huge piles of laundry to do. It all backs up because there's no one home to take care of it and then when we get home there's feeding the baby, bathing the baby, getting him ready for bed and then we crash. I didn't make dinner one night this week and am not quite sure how I'm going to work that in. Cooking and cleaning takes a good 2 hours and sometimes Dillon's not even home until 6 or 7 which makes cooking hard to do with the little one. Meh.

I've also contracted the awful cold that's made it's way through our entire family. The baby had it first and then Dillon and I thought I had made it through without it until the baby sneezed directly in my mouth. I'm pretty sure that's what did it. So now we all lay around the house coughing and sneezing. That doesn't make things any better. 

I know it's hard right now and it takes some time to get a schedule. I keep telling myself that and I hope it's true. I just know that the best part of my weekdays are when I pull into that daycare to pick our baby up. 

sleepy boy

how he acts most mornings when he wakes up :) 

Outtakes from my phone from the 3 month shoot



First day back at work.... aghh

Taylor & Kenzie spent some time with Luke before going home to Richmond


Outtakes from the camera


I laugh every time I see this... He spit up and Dillon caught it as it was happening :-\





Being so very Asheville in his tie-die onesie. I never realize how much he looks like Dill until I see these pictures! 



No comments:

Post a Comment