Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Teeth?!

Oh man. This part is not fun. TEETHING. Grumpy babies that feel awful and puke all over their daycare worker. Woops... Luke has been super moody since Sunday and after further inspection he's got some little white bumps on the top of his gums. I kept feeling on his bottom gums, but Dillon felt around and said "Well, his top gums are bumpy." Sure enough, I lifted up his lip and there were the little white buds of teeth getting ready to come through. He's been very fussy and drooly. It also seems to cause him to spit up a little bit more and when I went to pick him up today, John (who works at the daycare) was so nice but said sweetly "I think Luke's tummy's upset. He had quite a significant spit up today." Which means, "Your kid projectile vomited all over me while I was holding him." Sorry about that 
:-\ Even though it's hard having a not so happy baby, it's still better than anything I've experienced. I'm pretty sure having a newborn was way harder but I look back and think that it wasn't that bad. It's all going by so fast and I'm looking forward to see the little person that Luke will become, but I wish there was a way to freeze time or at least re-visit these times so that I could hold him in my arms always. 

And of course, I know most people are tired of hearing about it, but I was so excited for the royal baby. It's so silly, I know. An almost (in a few years) 30 year old woman is stoked for a baby that I'll never meet and only see in photographs. I've always loved the royal family. When I was 13, I bought all the magazines with Prince William on the front and daydreamed about visiting England and him falling madly in love with me (sorry, Dillon. You are my one, true love, but at 13 I didn't know this yet). When Diana died, I bought all the magazines and followed the story religiously. Then, when William became engaged to a brunette named Catherine, who majored in art history, I was a little jealous. (Sorry, again, Dillon. We were married by this time, but I mean come on! She was going to be a PRINCESS). Then, when I was 3 months pregnant, it's announced that Kate and Will are too. I feel like I traveled the pregnancy road with her almost, although she looked way cuter and was able to afford better maternity clothes. When she said yesterday that anyone who's just had a baby knows how they feel, I think that's true, but I'm glad that my son will never have to face things that her son will. My boy will be able to go for hikes and walk down the street without everyone watching his every move. He'll be able to decide what he wants to do with his life while little Prince George has his life already planned. I know that Dillon and I may not be able to provide little Luke with everything that their baby has, but I do know that he'll grow up in a house full of love and in the end that's all that matters. 

Not being fussy!

Lunch downtown on Sunday

Finding my hands



And, for your viewing pleasure... a video of Luke before he went to bed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment