Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Busy Blog Post

We've had a busy week, leading into a busy weekend. It seems like there's a lot less downtime now that I'm back to work, but we're enjoying the time we have.

This past week went by very quickly, but so does the time off. Dillon thought he might have to work yesterday so we were kind of sad that our weekend would be spent apart, but the weather was on our side and it rained just enough Friday night and Saturday morning for them to cancel any scheduled work. Dillon came home and we headed out to breakfast and to run some errands. When we got back home we got our needed downtime and napped and watched American Ninja Warrior (our new guilty pleasure. I'm amazed at the strength of those people. Pretty sure I'd bust my face at the first round.) 

Yesterday evening we headed out with the Sullivans to go downtown to the supposedly last Bele Chere. We all said once we got down there that we remembered why we never, ever go to that festival. I remember it being a lot more fun when I was younger, so I'm not sure if it's my age or the fact that it just kind of sucks now, but whatever it is, I won't be returning if it takes place again. Plus, I think taking a baby may make it harder. Eh. I didn't even take any pictures. 

Today, my mom and dad came down and we went to church at Oakley United Methodist Church, which I believe is the church Dillon and I will be joining. Luke will be baptized at the church on August 18th and I think we'll be joining the same day. Luke went to the nursery today and the little ladies just loved on him so much. Everyone at the church is so nice and it's a place we can see ourselves belonging to. 

I've mapped out our crock pot menu for the week... If you're interested in the recipes, I've listed them below! Just click on the name of the dinner and it'll take you to the website. This seems to be the only way we get a good meal in during the week because I'm just too tired to worry about it when I get home. 
Beef Stew
Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
Chicken Broccoli ALfredo

And this recipe I've had for awhile that I've fixed several times and don't have a link to, so I'll just write it out. 

Working Woman's Best Stroganoff
2 lbs. lean cubed beef
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 pkg of fresh sliced mushrooms (the recipe calls for a can of mushrooms, but I like the fresh better)

Put all ingredients into crockpot and add a cup of water, mix and cook on low for 8 hours (no peeking for full time) Stir in 1/2 cup of sour cream and stir well. 

The recipe calls to serve over rice, but I always serve ours over egg noodles. Eat up! 

We always have a date night on Friday, so that's why I only plan on 4 meals for the week.

Gearing up for a new week and getting into our new schedule. Hope everyone has a wonderful week! 


Lola's new pal


Hey Dad!


I love toys!

Tummy time! Lifting my head like a champ





The dogs like tummy time too












Hey Grandma and Grandpa! 

Uploading pics to Facebook ;) 



Select a color!


And a video for your viewing pleasure! 





2 comments:

  1. 1. American Ninja Warrior? What is this you speak of???
    2. Love love love the crock pot recipes! I can't wait to try them!
    3. Luke just keeps getting cuter and cuter!! xoxoxo
    4. I'm going to need to know how you lost all that baby weight girly! Looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. American Ninja Warrior! You HAVE to check it out. I think it comes on NBC, but they show all the reruns on G4. Those people are INTENSE... it's kind of like Wipeout, but serious.
    2. The only recipe I can confirm that we like is the stroganoff, the others may be crap. But at least it's food and we won't go hungry.
    3. THANK YOU! :)
    4. Thanks again! I'm still not back to where I was before, and probably never will be which is ok by me. I haven't weighed myself since my last doctor's visit over a month ago and am not going to worry about it. 9 months to put on, 9 months to take off (at least!)

    ReplyDelete