Total Pageviews

Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July... A Day Late

What a bust our 4th of July holiday was. A few weeks ago, my mom and dad had offered to come down and watch the baby for the day so we could take our canoe out on the river with some friends. At the beginning of the week they were calling for rain showers, but I tried to stay optimistic that it would just be thunder showers and we could still go. No such luck. It rained and rained and rained some more. So much so that I thought I may just pull my hair out from sitting here and watching the rain. Bleh. My mom and dad still came down and we tried to enjoy the day but it was so frustrating. We had bought a huge pork loin that we were going to grill and we ended up just cooking it in the oven. Stupid weather. 

I'm coming upon my last full week of maternity leave. Wah. I don't even really want to talk about it, but I went and visited with the daycare on Wednesday. All the girls there are really nice, I'm just having some personal issues about leaving my baby. 

Dillon's mom and dad got to come down and visit this week, too, so we've had a nice time with lots of visitors. We know that our little boy is going to grow up with lots of love surrounding him and what a wonderful thing that is. 

I really don't have much of an update, but we have taken some really cute pictures this week so I just want to share those. My soul is sad about leaving Luke at daycare and returning to work. After I went to visit daycare, I stopped by the office I work at. One of our patients asked where he'd be when I returned and I told her daycare. She went on and on about how that's not the ideal situation. She was trying to be nice, I know, and really I agree with her, but I don't know any other options right at this moment. And her comments just pushed the knife in a little further. Oh well... here are some pictures to brighten your day! 

This is my "protecting the baby" face


Still a little wobbly in the Bumbo... but good practice

Annndd... these next pictures just melt my heart






So happy... all the time







This is our "after bath routine" where Luke and I converse about the going on's of our day

Our pork loin for the 4th

Baby booty





Keepin' the sun off





3 comments:

  1. I remember when I had to leave both girls and go back to work-I cried all the way up the interstate!! Hang in there it will get better! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor thing. Hey if you still want a spa weekend I'm down! By the way your loin looks amazing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tammy! I've already shed some tears so I'm planning on taking extra makeup with me on Monday morning!

    Suzanna - how about in August? Let's get a plan going ;) I don't know what Amy's schedule is like but I'm fairly certain that our weekends are open in August! Let me know what weekend works for you and we'll get it set up!

    ReplyDelete