Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 23, 2013

2 months! (...And a few days)

Well, we've made it two whole months! The baby is growing every day and he's already starting to form a personality which is really fun to watch.

I've procrastinated writing a blog this week because I was hoping to have some news to share about selling our home. We've been haggling with some potential buyers and have had some offers back and forth and should know a final answer by tomorrow whether or not they want to buy our home. This has probably been one of the most stressful weeks Dillon and I have encountered. They put an offer in so fast on our home and we had barely even scratched the surface of finding our next house. Monday evening, we went looking and have found some homes that we would be interested in should the need arise for us to get a new home. Hopefully, we really will know what's going on tomorrow and if in two months we'll be living somewhere else.

Luke turned two months old last Tuesday. I've definitely become more comfortable in my role as a mom. I feel more confident with him and not quite as nervous as at the newborn stage. He's starting to sleep in large chunks of time on a regular basis. Friday night he slept from 9:00 until 6:30 the next morning which is quite the accomplishment. I also started using cloth diapers this week while we're at home with great success. Dillon doesn't like using them but I think that it may be a little more gentle on his skin than the plastic disposable ones. I've researched using them a lot and as I didn't know how successful I'd be at using them I bought a cheap set from Wal-Mart (You can find them here) and they work just as good as the expensive sets you'd buy anywhere else. When researching all this, I've found girls who have spent over $1000 on cloth diapers and accessories which defeats the purpose. I know that it is cute to buy the diaper covers with cool designs but really the white covers (which expand to fit him while he's growing, the cute expensive ones do not) work just fine. I also bleached and dried mine in the sun after using and they're just like new. And I also discovered that the water hose clears off a poopy cloth diaper really well. :)

I'm also down to less than a month until I return to work. In my mind it kind of plays out like a timer counting down to a bomb exploding. I know that in reality, it's not THAT bad, but in my heart it is. I'm so, so sad to be leaving him somewhere else. I even called my mom this week and offered her the money I'd be spending on daycare for her to come and watch him. She gently refused my offer and told me that it would be ok (and did offer to come watch him for the first week). When I was researching day cares at the beginning of the year there were some babies in there only 4 weeks old. I most definitely do not judge those mamas because some folks really can't afford to be out of a paycheck longer than that but I can't imagine the pain they must experience when dropping off their new little baby there. It is so terribly hard. So, I just ask that you keep me and our family in your prayers the next few weeks because I have a feeling I'll be on an emotional roller coaster until we've established our new routine.

Holding on to daddy's finger...

We went to church this morning with our friends Eric & Laurie. Eric was baptized this morning and they joined a church downtown. It was a beautiful service with a brass horn section! Such a nice morning!  Anyways... this was Luke's outfit. HA!

Laughs and giggles!

He says "Smiling's my favorite!"

Standing with daddy

Cuddling with mommy

Luke's monthly photos take several shots to get...

Caught mid-sneeze

Ta-da! Final product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment