Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 2, 2013

6 Weeks!

We've made it six weeks! Luke seems to be growing like a weed and has started smiling and "talking" to us even more. He spends more time awake and he's started to notice the ceiling fans and the mobile in his crib. I tried to have him nap in his crib this week, only to realize that when I wanted to check on him I had to leap up the stairs every 10 minutes. I'm in need of a video baby monitor although going up the stairs is probably good exercise. He's sleeping most nights until 5 or 6 AM and when he does wake up it's only for about 30 minutes and it's straight back to sleep. And... he's no longer wearing newborn clothing :( He's in 0-3 months and 3 month clothing is fitting pretty well. Yikes! I may have over-estimated his need for 3 month clothing and under-estimated the need for 6 month clothes. He has so many 3 month outfits, I change him a couple of times a day, even if he hasn't messed up the outfit. 

I've got 6 week left of maternity leave and my heart hurts a little when I think about dropping him off at daycare for the day. I know that he'll be ok and I've even heard great things about the daycare I'm using. I'm just having a hard time letting someone else have the responsibility of taking care of him. I guess there's no reason to think about it right now as I still have 6 weeks left.

June is a super busy month for us, so I'll hopefully have lots of posts with pictures. Dillon's sister and mom are coming next weekend and it'll be the first time Kenzie gets to meet little Luke! Then our friends Eric & Laurie are getting married in October and this month starts some of their celebrations with a shower next weekend and the bachelor party at the end of the month (Dillon will be attending the bachelor party solo - Luke and I will be chilling at home :) ) Then we have doctor's & dentist appointments and Father's Day and Dillon's birthday - sheesh. This last month I have off will be crazy and I'm sure go by super fast. I'm so excited for summer and everything that goes with it! 

Last weekend we decided to see how much Luke weighs... using Dillon's work scales! 

9.32 lbs.! 

Dillon cuts corn on Memorial Day

Our Memorial Day Feast

I don't know what I was doing, anywho...

As you can see, we're getting a lot of patio time in

Luke likes his dinner! 

Lola sits in front of the dryer vent to get the warm air blown over her

I've been going to the park a lot to walk... Dillon went with me yesterday and we saw these old hippies playing hackey sack. 

Walking the dog

Luke likes the park 

Dog park! 

This dog is named Buster and is Lola's new boyfriend as they look just alike except he's darker

Sleeping...



Emma's antisocial and stays with us most of the time.

This was too cute, this little boy was at the park with his grandparents. His grandpa would throw the ball and he'd hit it far, far away to make the grandpa go get it. They were trash talking each other the whole time!  

Tuckered... 

No comments:

Post a Comment