Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 25, 2013

White Squirrels

Dillon has the elusive three day weekend for Memorial Day and actually has the entire three days off which is very rare for him. When construction has a good weather day, they're usually working, but for some reason he has off this weekend which makes us all super happy. This morning we woke up with nothing on our agenda, so our day went a little like this:

* For a few years now, Dillon has had a small freezer chest in our dining room which has been an unfinished beer tap chest. We either didn't have the funding or the money needed to go to other things, but for Father's Day and Dillon's birthday I promised him that he could get what he needed to finish it. This morning he made a quick Lowe's run and worked on his fridge. Whenever he has a spare moment he's working on finishing that up. Once it's done, and he brews a batch of beer, we will have beer on tap in our own house. Very exciting, I know!

* During breakfast, I was looking at our local paper and saw that there was a festival in Brevard, NC called the White Squirrel Festival. They actually have white squirrels running around this town and every year they celebrate it! So we packed up a few bottles and diapers along with the baby and headed out to Brevard after Dillon worked on his beer fridge. What an awesome little town! I think that I could probably live out there if we ever found a piece of property we liked. We walked around looking at crafts and the stores on the street and listened to the live music. Luke then had a little meltdown because he was hungry, so we ducked into the local brewery and sampled their beer while the baby ate. Then we ambled back to our car and the baby slept the whole way home. Once we returned I napped with Luke while Dillon worked some more on his fridge. :) Such an awesome day with our family. Dillon said he felt like he was on vacation today it was so nice!

Some random notes about Luke: 1. He no longer fits in his newborn sleepers which makes me really sad. He's just grown so long that I can barely pull them up over his shoulders. I think he may have all of his daddy's genes because I have a feeling he's going to be tall (My OB, Dr. Moore, said she thinks he'll be big because he has HUGE hands and feet!) 2. He's starting to "talk" right before he goes to sleep. Every night, after his 3 AM feeding, I try to get him to sleep. His eyes close and then he starts talking to me, groaning and grunting about how good he feels. Then about 10 minutes later he's sleeping. It's super cute. 3. He's starting to get where he sleeps almost through the whole night. We get him to sleep around 9:00 or 10:00 and he'll sleep until about 4:30. I can totally run on that amount of sleep and I am NOT sad about him making it through the night!


My peonies bloomed for the 1st time this year. I've had them planted for 3 years and am so excited to have 5 blooms this year! 

The beer fridge in progress...
At the White Squirrel Festival! 


Hate to tell them... but my baby's already cool. 


Dillon swoons over a guitar


The elusive white squirrel. Unfortunately, we didn't see a real white squirrel. 


MMMM....

Baby, Daddy, Mommy

Luke learns how to brew...


2 comments:

  1. You really seem enjoying being a mother!! Enjoy and take it all in because time goes by soooo fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do! I think it may be my calling in life :)

    ReplyDelete