Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 2, 2013

2 Weeks & 1st Bath

It's been a little bit of a crazy week. If you're friends with me on Facebook, you'll know that the Sunday before I had Lucas our house caught on fire and destroyed our heat pump and the siding & underlying wood on the house. The week following that, Dillon and I rushed to get estimates and insurance in to try and get things fixed before the baby came. We decided on who to use the day after Luke was born and thankfully the heat pump guys had an opening and could get it fixed that week and the guys who fixed the siding came this week. 

We spent the last few days with hammering, sawing, and loud noises throughout the house. This in turn made our dogs bark like crazy and also the baby very, very fussy. Yesterday was pretty rough with crying and noises and I felt like pulling my hair out. Thankfully, today was better. We took another trip to Wal Mart for groceries and got out of the house a bit. 

We've also been struggling with a blocked tear duct in the baby's left eye. I think I've already called our pediatrician's office with such silly questions. Last week I called because he was eating too much. The nurse was super friendly and gave me some good "mama already knows" advice. Then I called about his eye and all they said was to watch it and put warm compresses on it. No worries. Easier said than done when you have no clue what's going on! :) 

Tonight was first bath night and it went pretty well. I only got peed on once. Lucas is now sleeping before his 9:30 feeding. We are so lucky to have such a sweet, sweet baby. 





Testing out the tub first... it did not go well.










Happy Daddy, Happy Baby





No comments:

Post a Comment