Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Home Sweet Home

Last summer Dillon and I had big plans that at the time did not involve babies. We had decided to move to Raleigh for Dillon to return to school and the opportunity for better careers. We had our house on the market and were actively looking for work and a house in Raleigh. 

Then one Monday night in August, after being in Virginia for the weekend, we came home and I randomly took a pregnancy test. I had felt kind of funny but I fully didn't expect to have a positive result. I cleaned up our room a little and checked my email, returning back to the test only to find a faint light line announcing that I was pregnant. I walked downstairs and said "Uh, Dillon, you might want to come and look at this." Over the next three days, I took probably 5 more tests  just to confirm what that first one had told me. 

Now we were scared and excited at the same time. What did this mean for our move to Raleigh? We would be away from our group of friends who would provide support to us and 2  more hours away from family who would want to see the baby often. Dillon worried that our "plan" wouldn't work out and I explained that there was a plan for us even if it wasn't OUR plan. 

So we decided to stay in Asheville. We left the house on the market for awhile after, but as my belly expanded and the nesting instinct kicked in, I really wanted to stay put for just a little longer. I needed a nursery for the baby and I wouldn't be much help waddling around trying to pack boxes. The house was taken off the market.

Jump to now. A little baby sure does come with lots of things, even before they have toys and our little house that accommodated Dillon and I perfectly is starting to feel cramped with baby stuff, brewing stuff, our regular stuff... 

We've decided to put our little house back on the market, only this time we'll be staying in Asheville. Once again, I feel excited and sad at the same time. Lots of memories in the past 5 years from this house. But I'm so excited to find the home that our little boy will grow up in. We're hoping to find a neighborhood with lots of kids so he'll have playmates and a home with a good school district. It's very stressful searching for that house and having our home on the market but we're looking forward to the big move! 

The following pictures are waaaay out of order.
Celebrating my 25th birthday


Dillon enjoying the yard

Our kitchen when we re-did the floors...

Dillon carrying me over the threshold when we returned from our honeymoon

Our first garden

The house being built

The house after I had moved in.

Looks a lot different.

Pretending to wash dishes in our new house under construction...
Our baby boy's nursery.

Our first Christmas...
woo! pregnant!
First day at home with Luke.
Our engagement party with friends!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Hopefully your house sales fast! I know how ya feel though! I have been in my house since I was 23 and it's hard to imagine living somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete