Total Pageviews

Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day

I feel like Dillon's first Father's Day may have been a little bit of a bust. I can tell the housing market is picking up because we had a showing of our house every day since Friday. Yesterday, we spent most of Father's Day in the car either looking for our next house or getting out of our house so someone could come and see it. Saturday, we got the good news that we have someone who may be interested in buying our home. I thought that we might have received an offer yesterday, but the day passed with no notice. I think I may have jumped the gun because yesterday was Sunday. So, now, I sit at home with my phone next to me waiting for the call. We panicked a little when we heard that we may get an offer so soon, hence the explanation for why we spent yesterday going to open houses and researching houses we're interested in. Dillon and I are both on pins and needles about this. 

Luke is blissfully unaware of the stresses of selling our house. He's enjoying playing with on his new mat and spent a lot of this weekend cuddling with his daddy. Have I said how much I appreciate Dillon? When we were trying to determine how much time off I could take after the baby came I told him I really wanted to take off as much time as I could if I was going back to work. The majority of my maternity leave has been unpaid and Dillon has picked up my slack of not working (at least in the work-place, I work pretty hard around the house! :) )  When he gets off work from a 12 hour day, the first thing he does is take the baby.  He's never once handed the baby off to me to change his clothes, clean his diaper or feed him. We've alternated nights taking care of Luke, and even though he works long days in the hot sun, he'll stay up as late as he needs to with the baby. I seriously couldn't ask for a better mate and someone who has made having a baby that much easier. He really has pulled double duty and done it all with a smile. He's a good, good man. 

Tomorrow marks Luke's 2 month "birthday." He's growing so fast and I was flipping through pictures on my phone yesterday and couldn't believe how much he's changed in just 2 months. It's so exciting to see him grow and change right in front of us. Here's a photo dump from my phone... I use it a lot when we don't have our nice camera with us!

We had him laughing for probably 10 minutes yesterday... best 10 minutes of my life.


Outtakes with daddy on Father's Day

Yaaawwwn


sooo cozy

Bouncing around!

No comments:

Post a Comment