Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Asheville Staycation

We've had a good weekend of running around and enjoying all that WNC has to offer (Minus a huge traffic jam that I got stuck in yesterday on my way home from a baby shower). We hit up some yard sales, got good coffee, went to the splash pad downtown and had our inaugural visit to Blue Ghost brewery in Fletcher. All in all a good way to spend a weekend. Dillon has off this whole week since he has an excess of vacation time so he's had an even better weekend!

We tried out the splash pad for the first time and Luke loved it. He ran towards the water and tempted it to shoot up into his face. He did have it go into his nose a few times and I had to remind him not to drink the water but all in all he really loved it. I think we'll have to go back again in the near future. And - if you want to go, I'd highly recommend going at opening time first thing in the morning. The buildings provide shade and parking is easily accessible!

We had lunch with my mom and dad and then napped. After nap time, we made our way to Blue Ghost Brewery in Fletcher. It was really cool with lots of stuff for kids to do and good food and great beer. We may have found a spot that is more comfortable for us as a family to go and hang out. It wasn't super crowded either which is a bonus for us.

Like I said, Dillon has off this week, so he'll be working on stuff around the house while I'm at work and the kids are away. Tuesday we're heading to some zoo (either Greenville or Asheboro. We haven't decided how far we want to drive) and then Friday we'll start a long weekend in Virginia. Dillon has an excess of vacation days so he's just taking a small break from work. Unfortunately,  part time work doesn't provide in a lot of time off for me, so we may have to wait a little longer to take a vacation, but I know Dillon deserves a break and I hope he enjoys his time.


We're going to have to lower the crib real soon. :-\























Her hair looks super red here. I can't tell if she's a blondie or red-headed! 

And we can't get her to keep her tongue in. Who knows why?!




















This is from Bible School! I meant to do a post on this, because it was an event in and of itself, but I just haven't had a chance yet! Luke had a blast and I was exhausted! HA! Typical.






'




No comments:

Post a Comment